Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering black.

Options
  • 14-02-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a small tattoo on my wrist that's solid black. I'm looking to either alter it, or cover it. How difficult is it to cover black?

Should I be looking at designing something which includes a black section, or can detail be put over the black?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

To do a cover up, you will need to go alot bigger and darker than the tattoo you want to cover.

Best bet is to try laser to lighten it up a bit first.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Adiboo wrote: »
    To do a cover up, you will need to go alot bigger and darker than the tattoo you want to cover.

Best bet is to try laser to lighten it up a bit first.

This tattoo is small, but pure black. I guess I'll go into the shop and talk to them about possible designs I have in mind. It's small enough to be incorporated so I'll just work around it. Thanks :)

Advertisement