Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo 2 a10 -70 16gb 2gb ram 153eur

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Possibility to upgrade OS to Marshmallow for those with a little tech experience.

http://www.blu-marshmallow.xyz/2015/11/lenovo-tab-2-a10-70-7089.html

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

I got two of these from Tesco direct this week (ordered Tuesday, in parcel motel Friday!) for a friend and the mother. Just a heads up it was £119 + £3 delivery and then the 4 Euro or whatever it is for parcel motel, so just over €160. I noticed argos have it reduced to 179.99 this weekend for those that are impatient or like the convenience of argos customer service it might be worth the extra to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Tempted. Very tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Good bargain.

However good luck to anyone who has to call in warranty from Tesco UK that's all I'll say.

And that's speaking from personal experience. Complete pain in the a$$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

The one that Argos have reduced is actually the 1GB RAM model

The 2GB RAM model is still €229.99 in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

biebiebie wrote: »
    Good bargain.

However good luck to anyone who has to call in warranty from Tesco UK that's all I'll say.

And that's speaking from personal experience. Complete pain in the a$$

They do honour it, you just have to sort deliveries via parcel motel and not tell them your real address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Just bought a blue one from Tesco UK! Great price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭SteM

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    The one that Argos have reduced is actually the 1GB RAM model

The 2GB RAM model is still €229.99 in Argos

The 2gb ram version is €169.99 now, €10 cheaper than the 1gb version.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jawacz

Thanks got 2gb version €169.99 in Argos today, any advice on a case or cover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmm.. I don't know... do I *need* one of these over my existing Note 4.... Would I be better getting a Windows tablet instead?
    Reserved it anyway. Will think about it tonight and pick up in the morning if I decide to follow through

If anyone has bought one can they try Angry Birds Transformers on it and let me know how it runs (one review mentions weak 3D).. it's er, for the little fella! :p

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Hmm.. I don't know... do I *need* one of these over my existing Note 4.... Would I be better getting a Windows tablet instead?
    Reserved it anyway. Will think about it tonight and pick up in the morning if I decide to follow through

If anyone has bought one can they try Angry Birds Transformers on it and let me know how it runs (one review mentions weak 3D).. it's er, for the little fella! :p

I'm wondering the exact same thing. Currently using an LG G Pad 8.3 which is stuck on Android 4.4 and beginning to show it's age, wondering if this is a worthwhile upgrade. I have used 10 inch tablets before and do like the size although they're not ultra-portable like a Nexus 7 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

SteM wrote: »
    I'm wondering the exact same thing. Currently using an LG G Pad 8.3 which is stuck on Android 4.4 and beginning to show it's age, wondering if this is a worthwhile upgrade. I have used 10 inch tablets before and do like the size although they're not ultra-portable like a Nexus 7 imo.

The main selling point for me would be the bigger (supposedly very good) screen and the extra RAM.. 1GB just doesn't really cut it anymore I think. 2GB is probably more comfortable.

A quick Google shows it should be possible to root it and stick on a Custom ROM so that's a point in its favour too. I'd really want it more for playing that Transformers game with the little fella and maybe some browsing/1080p movies for me. Like you I had an 8" (Asus) tab in the past but found it a bit too small for doing anything comfortably so this would be better I'm thinking.

I have it reserved anyway so I may pick it up and can always sell it on if I find I'm not getting the value out of it (... says me already justifying it to myself :p)

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    ....and can always sell it on if I find I'm not getting the value out of it....

The mantra of 'new toy' addicts the world over! ;)

How are people finding this? Worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Possibility to upgrade OS to Marshmallow for those with a little tech experience.

http://www.FAKE-blu-marshmallow.I-BROKE-LINK-xyz/2015/11/lenovo-tab-2-a10-70-7089.html

BEWARE! That link leads to an attack site.I have nobbled the link in my quote.
    Those knd of sites are always fake and intended to get novice users to download spyware/trojans on the premise of software updates. There are similar sites for nearly any reasonably popular device.
    Notice how the comments section is also fake, the user names are merely bold text not links to user profiles as you would expect with a real commentary powered by something like Disqus.
    Stick to respectable souces like XDA developers for your tech info and avoid these opportunistic attack sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

+1 any update from buyers/users
    SteM wrote: »
    How are people finding this? Worth picking up?

Advertisement