Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio or speakers broke ?

Options
  • 13-02-2016 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

I bought a 99 golf which had a cd player already installed. I burned 2 new cds but they are skipping when I try to play them.

Every bump on the road I hit they music skips aswel and I can't turn the volume up loud with out the speakers crackling.

It's all standard speakers I think.

Should I disconnect all the standard speakers and put in new one or just buy a new cd player. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

What brand / make is your radio cd unit ? Have you also poor quality sound when playing the radio ? Does a normal store bought cd play does it also skip ? Have you tried a cleaning disk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What brand / make is your radio cd unit ? Have you also poor quality sound when playing the radio ? Does a normal store bought cd play does it also skip ? Have you tried a cleaning disk ?

It's a jvc radio. The connection for the area is broke so I've no radio. I haven't tried a normal original cd but I've tried cleaning the copies and they still skip a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

rottie 11 wrote: »
    It's a jvc radio. The connection for the area is broke so I've no radio. I haven't tried a normal original cd but I've tried cleaning the copies and they still skip a bit

Any JVC I've had has had that issue too. Try burning the CD's at a slower burn speed, this might help a bit. In reality though a new head unit is probably the best option and one with a USB connection if you want to totally eliminate the problem.

Sony, Pioneer and Alpine are personally the brands I'd choose from.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Any JVC I've had has had that issue too. Try burning the CD's at a slower burn speed, this might help a bit. In reality though a new head unit is probably the best option and one with a USB connection if you want to totally eliminate the problem.

Sony, Pioneer and Alpine are personally the brands I'd choose from.

Cheers ya I think il invest in a pioneer with a USB.

How about the crackling noise from the speakers when I turn it up any bit loud

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Cheers ya I think il invest in a pioneer with a USB.

How about the crackling noise from the speakers when I turn it up any bit loud

Speakers probably have seen better days if they are the originals.

• Advertisement

Ok so I've bought a new stereo and everything is good but the speakers are still crackling.

I'm presuming that it's the speakers inside the door cards and am wondering what size/type of speakers I'd need to buy to replace the ones inside the door cards on a 99 golf cheers

Sound for dat. Was hoping to get something cheaper tho. What inch speakers would I need for the front ?

The ones I posted above is pretty much the size. Bear in mind too that they come with the mounting adapters needed to fit aftermarket speakers. You can buy the adapters seperatly too and fit whatever 17cm speakers you like as long as they fit the opening and aren't too deep.

I suppose my best bet so is to go into halfords and ask them for the right ones to fit. Thanks for the info

• Advertisement
Advertisement