Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie domain registrar with API

Options
  • 13-02-2016 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

Are there any .ie domain registrars out there that provide an API, for automated DNS management etc?
    The likes of namecheap have APIs but don't sell .ie domains.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I can't think of any .ie registrars that offer an API but there's nothing to stop you registering your .ie domains manually with your current registrar and using a 3rd party DNS provider that does offer an API.

I use Cloudflare as DNS provider for most of my domains regardless of the domain registrar used. They have an excellent free offering and an API for managing everything. As an added bonus you also get a CDN and DDOS protection.

Amongst many other paid alternatives, Amazon have their Route 53 DNS service which is worth considering.

Advertisement