Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to study leaving cert higher maths?

Options
  • 12-02-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was just wondering what is the best way to study to get a good grade in leaving cert honours maths.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Exam papers.

Do every single question in the exam paper book..Find the marking schemes online and mark them yourself, keep a track of your scores in an excel sheet or just in a notepad.

When you've done all the questions in a specific section, say Stats & Probability, go back and do them again, mark them again and compare to your score the first time round, keep repeating this.

Make sure you know how to do every single piece of the question, there's usually a hard part that the last few marks go for, which separates the A's from the rest.

Ask your teacher if they can get any Mock Exam papers from previous years, there's a few different companies that produce different Mocks, try to get your hands on them all.

Always try to understand WHY you're doing what you're doing, i.e the theory behind the maths, don't just memorise formulae and definitions etc.

I think if you do this you should be very well prepared for the exam. You've still got plenty of time, that's not to say sit back and relax, I mean that you still have time to learn and revise all the sections. Best of luck!

Advertisement