Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with no Who?

• 12-02-2016 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

No Doctor Who for a year? How will we cope and will this forum fall into a state of disrepair with only the odd thing showing up in /dev/random/? Not if we entertain ourselves, it won't.

I propose that we nominate an episode or serial each week that people can watch in their own time and comment on, similar to what we would do if there were new episodes airing. The episode or serial nominated each week can get it's own thread with a synopsis and/or trailer just like Pixelburp does each week for a new episode.

I'm looking on this year as a way of catching up on some old favourites and introducing my kids to earlier Doctors. I'd love members of this forum to recommend episodes to watch and then have them discussed here each week so please give your recommendations in this thread.

The only real issue (that I can see at least) with this proposal is access to old episodes. Some people have them on DVD/VHS, others have Netflix but many will not have access to these. I'm going to assume for now that it is ok to post links to dailymotion.com because there are a decent few episodes available on there. We should limit nominations to episodes available there or on other legit online resourses to allow the maximum amount of people to be involved. Obviously nobody should post links to anything that Boards deem to be off limits.

Anyway, I'll set the ball rolling with the episode I intend to watch this weekend, The Ark in Space. Episode/discussion thread here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's also worth keeping an eye on BBC Radio 4 Extra schedule as Big Finishes stuff turns up there every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'd also play some of the PC games, they are like mini episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SirJoker

Ok. I'm desperate now. Does anybody have a tip what to do till the start of the new series? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

SirJoker wrote: »
    Ok. I'm desperate now. Does anybody have a tip what to do till the start of the new series? :D

Read some of the books, the comics. Listen to a few Big Finish productions. Rewatch previous series. Write some fan fiction. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Can't go wrong with Big Finish; that'd keep a person entertained between now and the next series!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 ScottScott

Make lists:
    - My favourite doctors
    - My favourite companions
    - My favourite series
    - My favourite episodes
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

Watch all the Weeping Angel ones in a row, in your own in the dark. Ask your family to randomly stick their heads in through the window during the episodes. You will be so traumatised that it will take you a year to recover and then the new series will be on.

Advertisement