Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolf Parade?

Options
  • 12-02-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Wolf Parade are back together and touring. Anyone think they're likely to play Ireland? I'd love to see them again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

excellent news! hope they play the picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

excellent news-just hope they play ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Wrote my 4th year thesis listening to "apologies to the Queen Mary" on repeat... Good memories. Will hopefully get tickets on Wednesday.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Wrote my 4th year thesis listening to "apologies to the Queen Mary" on repeat... Good memories. Will hopefully get tickets on Wednesday.

No doubting its quality ,still sounds great 11 years later.Obviously will be promoting the new album but hopefully they will do a few of the old classics,dinner bells,modern world,I'll believe in anything in fact if they only do one old tune then has to be I'll believe in anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Love them, been listening to Valley Boy a lot since it came out, looking forward to the show.

reminds me of some other band or artist people say Bowie no dont think so gin blossoms IDK but savage tune from last years EP4

mike scott yeah that app

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Tickets bought - not sure how popular these guys are in Ireland but the Button Factory seems like quite a small venue for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I don't think they're that popular at all but they're one of my favourite bands. I couldn't believe when I saw tickets were only 20 quid. Should be a cracking gig in such a small venue.

• Advertisement

tickets bought listening to them in work today. great band. looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Would loved to have seen them play in the Roisin Dubh, but the trip up to Dublin will be worth it.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I don't think they're that popular at all but they're one of my favourite bands. I couldn't believe when I saw tickets were only 20 quid. Should be a cracking gig in such a small venue.

Prob cos its a Monday Night,tix prices tend to less,hope they get the audience their music deserves,. Must admit Mt Zoomer completely passed me by so must give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Any idea of the support act for tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

Peter File wrote: »
    Any idea of the support act for tomorrow night?

Think it's another Canadian band - FRIGS. Listened to them a bit, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Jesus that was some gig.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Yup! Awesome!! :D

very good gig. looked like they enjoyed it aswell.

Couple of times Spencer commented on how quiet it was during songs. I'd like to think that it was because the fans came to listen and not chat. In reality I'd say it was due to it being a monday and people not going mad on the pints :D

Advertisement