Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop

Options
  • 12-02-2016 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good value laptop for circa €600 or less. Primarily used for social media, movies and basic work (word,excel).?

Any ideas greatfully accepted.

Comments

I got a HP Stream 11 recently, and it does all that. Disk space is only 32GB, but I just use google drive and dropbox to store stuff.

the goon wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good value laptop for circa €600 or less. Primarily used for social media, movies and basic work (word,excel).?

Any ideas greatfully accepted.

what size screen is needed - 11/12 inch, 14 inch, 15 inch?
    do it need to be really light (travelling A LOT) with it or just moving it around the house mostly with occasional transport to different places?
    do you need to store a lot of data (e.g. lot of video etc)
    will you be watching movies on it so would prefer better quality screen e.g. hd ips screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭the goon

I think a 15 inch screen. Yes would be used for streaming shows etc and then a little work. Won't be leaving the house so weight is not a problem. The HP sounds great except the screen size:o

I had a look around and can't see any tempting deals about.
    I'd recommend getting a decent 1080p screen - that will push the price up but is really worth it.
    the bog standard 1368 x 768 resolution just doesn't cut it anymore - especially on a 15.6 inch size screen.
    have a look on amazon.de or ebay - usually a good bit cheaper than what you'll get in pcworld or harvey norman.

also the dell uk outlet has good deals. my current laptop I bought from there.
    here is a good option

core i5 and 1080p screen for 377 £ including vat. obviously this one could be gone as it's current stock.

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/SecondaryInventorySearch.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dfh&cs=ukdfh1&key=h8mzvZMTkl5RZ%2fxCh%2f6FVoBSMfdjQVgG&puid=1df1d51d

use parcel motel for delivery. they might ring you to check credit card but it works out fine.

scratch and dent actually usually better than refurbished. I bought a scratch and dent and it didn't have a mark on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That seems to be the US outlet. There isn't an Irish one, any more is there?

beauf wrote: »
    That seems to be the US outlet. There isn't an Irish one, any more is there?

Irish one gone a long long time.

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=7&c=uk&cs=ukdfh1&l=en&s=dfh&dgc=IR&cid=296386&lid=5667687

UK one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 calliealbert

Dell Latitude E6440 IS the best laptop for you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Dell Latitude E6440 IS the best laptop for you

Yes, The one he probably bought 4 1/2 years ago needs replacing now :D:D

You seem to be dragging up a lot of old threads.:confused:

Advertisement