Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold paint powder - Any value?

Options
  • 11-02-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all,

I found a small sachet of something called Judson's gold paint powder and wondering if this has any value at all or is it just man-made chemicals? I can't find anything on the web about it. The packaging looks like it's from the 1950s or 60s at least.

Anyone come across this stuff?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

socio wrote: »
    Hi all,

I found a small sachet of something called Judson's gold paint powder and wondering if this has any value at all or is it just man-made chemicals? I can't find anything on the web about it. The packaging looks like it's from the 1950s or 60s at least.

Thanks.

Dunno about one that old but I bought some of it about 3 years ago for less than a tenner. Look up eBay or similar may be you'll find an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Judsons was a well known gold paint - I have no idea whether it is still in existence. It was notable because it was one of the few gold paints available, and it was very effective. I am pretty sure it did not have any actual gold in it, it was a chemical substitute. It may be of interest to an artist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭socio

Thanks, yeah I think you're right about it not having actual gold in it. I found one link about it which says it's out of production but other than that I don't know. I won't retire just yet anyway.
    Cheers.

http://www.disabilityartsonline.org.uk/jane-mccormick?item=2395

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Irex43

Want to sell it

Thanks.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 13 paperandink

I know that some letterpress stationers use gold dusting powders. They can be very messy and dangerous to use, but can be purchased for less than 10euros for 25g...

• Advertisement
Advertisement