Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I just installed lots of Malware

• 10-02-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭

Using a streaming site I have used for years and the stream wasn't starting and the site said my Flash player was out of date so I downloaded the "flash" update and installed but the stream had already started in the background, wait, maybe that's not a real Flash update...

LUCKILY my Kaspersky is smarter than I am and stepped in to save the day brilliantly, disinfected and rebooted, back into Windows, major disaster averted, I think, now I'm cleaning up the mess.

So it changed my homepage to Yahoo and installed some Aion advertising rubbish and some shortcuts and quicklaunch icons - I've removed all of that and doing a full Kaspersky scan but what's the best way to check what else it did?

I'm looking at the most recently changed folders in Windows but what's the best way too check what has changed?

Thanks, I'm not normally this stupid...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Rezident wrote: »
    Using a streaming site I have used for years and the stream wasn't starting and the site said my Flash player was out of date so I downloaded the "flash" .exe file and installed but the stream had already started in the background, wait, maybe that's not a real Flash update...

LUCKILY my Kaspersky is smarter than I am and stepped in to save the day brilliantly, disinfected and rebooted, back into Windows, major disaster averted, I think, now I'm cleaning up the mess.

So it changed my homepage to Yahoo and installed some Aion advertising rubbish and some shortcuts and quicklaunch icons - I've removed all of that and doing a full Kaspersky scan but what's the best way to check what else it did?

I'm looking at the most recently changed folders in Windows but what's the best way too check what has changed?

Thanks, I'm not normally this stupid...

Malwarebytes and Norton Power Eraser is what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

Use Malwarebytes and ran a scan. Check if there are also other unwanted programs that got installed, go to uninstall programs via control panel. Some of the likes are MyPCdial, MyPCBackup, ProPC Cleaner, Wajam, PC Registry, etc.

Or to better filter them, check by date installed.

Also run a tdskiller on your browser to make sure your browser is safe, check also for unwanted add ons.

Advertisement