Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETB - Previous service affect CID after 2 years?

Options
  • 10-02-2016 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello,
    I am covering a career break contract and there is a possibility that it will keep going for a second academic year but that is not confirmed/guaranteed (other person to apply for it yet and of course there will be an interview)

I was asked to supply a scheme of work/plan for my main subject for the year and I submitted it however a more in-depth one was required and I am in the process of adapting and modifying previous ones that I have obtained. I spoke with the principal about it again today and inquired about putting in some details (literacy and numeracy approaches and any advice the principal had) into the plan.

Later on I was approached and asked had I worked for our ETB before and where? I said the names of the schools and when and what type of contract (career break and maternity leave in different academic years and for the full year)
    This perked my interest afterwards as to why the principal was asking me this and does it have a bearing on my situation?

I could be over reading the situation but its got me thinking and Im wondering what the story is.

Advertisement