Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookkeeping Software for Self Employed

Options
  • 10-02-2016 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend a good bookkeeping/accountancy program for someone who is self employed with no employees. Looking for something that will make it easier to keep a track on incoming and outgoing income. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I just use a spreadsheet tbh.

www.bullethq.com seemed really good, but was ultimately overkill for my needs.

FYI saying you are self-employed is not really relevant information. Do you want bookkeeping as a sole trader or a company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

It's for a sole-trader but for internet services (social media/web design) without tangible goods if that makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

You can check Freshbooks freshbooks.com It's an american company the product is online and you can easily adapt it to Irish Tax rates. You can use it on the go on your mobile and it's designed for the kind of business you do. They have a free 30 day trial on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nicholi

There are a few cloud options out there, sage and big red cloud would spring to mind. Unfortunately they are not the cheapest but very suited for the Irish market. Not sure how much you want to spend but both sage and big red cloud would calculate VAT returns no problem and the beauty of the cloud is your accountant (if you have one) can log in if you need any advice or have a query on how to deal with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I work as a freelance designer and I use Solo:
    http://www.thrivesolo.com/

It's great for me coz it covers the basics plus allows me to add on "extras" (e.g. stock photography).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

the best (but a little complex) is imho https://www.waveapps.com/. Primarily because if you are self employed and have personal and business expenses that sometimes mix (eg use personal account for business expense) then it is quite good at managing ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Did you have a look at Quickbooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Also have a look at Sort My Books. I find that it doesn't look as scary as other accounts packages, it's easier to navigate and doesn't have a load of sections and reports that you don't need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭getaroom

I use wave for a small business I set up for the kids.
    Very simple, takes credit card payments and can be synced to you bank account.
    They just use it for Invoicing and Receipts for VAT.
    On the job you can issue an invoice there and then and accept a credit card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement