Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

variety

Options
  • 10-02-2016 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

so far this winter I have spotted 31 different birds at and around my home. Quite a lot, I never realised there was quite so much to be seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Put the kettle on, I bring the cakes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's surprising how many species of birds you'll get in a decent bird friendly garden and well worth everybody actually totting them up.

My own garden has recorded 56 species of bird with a max of 27 species in a single week. The average in a week in 18. This is per the BTO weekly garden birdwatch survey which I have been completing for decades.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the reason we get good bird life in our garden (suburban, 90 foot long) is probably 90% due to the fact that our neighbour has not been down the end of her garden in over 5 years. it's a jungle.
    we've not seen any blackcaps in the last year or two though, they were occasional visitors in the winter of 2013/2014.

Advertisement