Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue since updating to marshmallow

Options
  • 10-02-2016 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭

Hi all, not sure if this is the right spot for this but hopefully someone can help.

Google play music, since I updated to marshmallow, appears to be storing downloaded music on both my SD card and the internal storage.

I have the app set to download to SD. But when I go into settings it's showing the music as being stored to the internal storage (the remaining space coincides with this)

The remaining storage on the SD also has reduced by the amount of music downloaded.

I've done a Google search and all I'm getting is how to download music tutorials.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Marshmallow has a new feature whereby internal storage and SD card storage show up as a single storage option. My understanding is that the SD card is used by default now by all apps, even if those apps didn't previously support installing to an SD card. Some elements are stored to internal storage as it would be faster.

Having said that I though this was a feature you had to specifically enable so maybe that's not the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can I bump this to save me starting my own thread regarding something similar?

I've a 2nd gen. 8gb Moto G, and the update to Marshmallow has scuppered things for me.

Obviously 8gb is very small, so I'd like to use the 32gb sd card for everything. But from what I can make out, it'll only allow me to either store apps and photos internally , with music on the sd card, or vice versa. I can't seem to tell it to store everything bar necessities on the sd card.

Is there an option I'm missing? Or do I need to root the phone to tell it to auto install/store everything on the card?
    If it's the latter, could some good soul point me in the direction of a rooting walkthrough for a Moto G.

Cheers guys and gals.

Advertisement