Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shelbourne hotel spook

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 333 ✭✭BigJackC

Worked in a hotel in Ballsbridge that was allegedly haunted. The long time standing General Manager gave an interview to an author who was writing a book on haunted Ireland. He would of been of the mentality that all publicity is good publicity. Thus, the rumours started.

The room was right on the corner of the smoking floor and above the linen and laundry room. It was a really ****ty room to get, especially considering the prices - B&B starting off at €119 per night. Especially for non smokers. Twice I got people wanting that particular room and when I tried to tell them I've recently refurbished rooms that are much nicer available, they would then think that I was trying to keep them away from room 243. No, I wanted them to stay in a nice room and get their money's worth. The room was only ever used if fully booked or if a staff member was working very late and was on the early shift.

But, hey. I guess if you can get people coming in and willing to pay over a hundred euro to stay in your crappiest room, that's good business.

In a property with hundreds of rooms, sometimes taps are going to go off. Sometimes you will hear an odd creak or bump. It doesn't mean that the property is haunted but a lot of hoteliers will play it up as it's good for business.

I'd probably still **** myself if I stayed in a 'haunted room' late at night by myself, mind.

Advertisement