Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song to sing at a school talent show?

Options
  • 09-02-2016 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

18, in Leaving Cert and it will be my first time performing on a stage.
    I play acoustic guitar and sing so that's what I'd plan on doing.

I don't really want to do a modern song because it will just be compared to that..
    But I don't know what to play!

I've a fairly wide range (vocal) A above middle C or so I was told.
    Or as I describe it I can sing Artic Monkeys/Johnny Cash up to Riptide/21 Pilots (I can't help falling in love with you)

I mainly fingerpick so I was thinking of maybe;
    -Fire and Rain by James Taylor,
    -I will follow you into the dark,
    -Neil Young, heart of gold
    -among 101 other things!

What type song should I sing/does it matter? (Should I do a happy or sad type song)
    Should I keep the guitar simple?
    Play something a bit more modern?

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

You seem to be over thinking things IMO. Play something you like (you are never going to please the whole audience anyway) and are totally comfortable with...regardless of whether it's old or recent. If you like the song and are confident about playing it, then you will be more relaxed, and this will come across in your playing.

Best of luck..whatever you choose. :)

Advertisement