Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Under 100 BHP

Options
  • 09-02-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello I have a test in a few days and need to get after the test a good car to insure, under 100bhp 1.2 > 1.4L petrol. all i found is skoda fabia 1.2, quoted online 2.700
    student 20 year old.
    2000 - 2007 year of manufacture €2000 max

anyone knows? please reply. thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Renault Clio or Ford Fiesta would be good ones. Toyota Yaris also.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The problem with Fiestas in that price range is that the majority of them suffer from terrible rust - sills, arches, underneath, etc.

Yaris would be the ideal choice but it's hard to find a good one for 2k. Clio would probably be the next one on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Hyundai Getz?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Corolla is I think the most powerful 1.4 under 100bhp at 95bphp.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sergiut11

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Hyundai Getz?

I heard they are terrible for petrol.. i was thinking about 1.4 golf but loads of boy racers and insurance its mad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Just on the year, see the motors forums for some people having issues getting insured on a 15 year old car (myself included) so worth noting that into your choices too. Personally I think a Micra are a decent starting out car, don't tend to give much trouble either (Watch as I jinx them now).

Advertisement