Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stock levels in the Irish suppliers

• 09-02-2016 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Got my first extract homebrew setup from The Homebrew Company, delighted with it, added on a few extras they didn't have in stock from other suppliers. Still waiting on stuff for bottling but no worries on that as it'll be a few weeks until I need it. Had a few emails letting me know things I ordered were out of stock but nothing affecting the brewday process so hasn't held me back so far

Looking to get a few things, auto syphon, syphon clip, star san etc. and I can't find one place that has everything in stock. Don't want to sound like I''m complaining but is this normal for those of you who've been brewing for years? Seems to be a very low stock held in all the suppliers making it difficult to order a few things without paying multiple postage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I've been brewing for a year and this is an ongoing huge issue. Especially if placing a large order, it's difficult enough trying to decide what you actually want to order, let alone find one shop with everything necessary in stock! All of the main suppliers (HBW, HBC and GEB) are guilty of it but with HBW in particular huge swathes of their online store are permanently out of stock, or at least have been for the last year! Expiry dates are another issue - again with HBW I've been getting quite a bit of stuff that is out of date or short dated (and not sold as such); their customer service is so poor I've given up asking for replacements / refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ferg44

yep, Ive noticed the same over the last few months .. I mostly deal with HBC as they are close to me, and Ive noticed a big fall off in stock .. couldn't even get a good capper last month , and I was waiting almost 3 months for a good cider kit which I had used before , to come back into stock again ..disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

It's happened me 3-4 times in the past 6 months that an item has been listed on the site as in-stock, but when you place and pay for the order, you get a call informing you that it's out of stock. I'd have no huge issue with this other than the fact I've never been offered free shipping when the item arrives back in stock. Only ever told that I can have it added to my next order when it's back in-stock!

Also, 6 & 7 month old liquid yeast being sent out. It's frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

with HBW in particular huge swathes of their online store are permanently out of stock, or at least have been for the last year! Expiry dates are another issue - again with HBW I've been getting quite a bit of stuff that is out of date or short dated (and not sold as such); their customer service is so poor I've given up asking for replacements / refunds.
    I have stopped using them for this very reason, short dated product, incomplete orders being dispatched & the 'can we send it onto you with your next order' BS...no I need the products I paid for now FFS :mad: :rolleyes:

Advertisement