Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bump under nose piercing

Options
  • 09-02-2016 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I have my nose pierced just under 7 weeks now. There's been no bother with it, it seemed to heal quickly and easily. But today out of nowhere I noticed this shiny little bump just under the stud. It's not painful at all, it feels fine but doesn't look great obviously.
    I made the mistake of googling & it freaked me out so I think I'd be better asking here. Will I always have this bump or will it go away?
    There was no trauma to the piercing at all so I'm not sure why this happened :(

I will of course ask the piercer when I am in town again!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd say sea salt soaks are your best bet. I'd try and get to your piercer sooner rather than later just for your own peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds like it might be keloid, which chamomile teabag soaks may help with. As Toots said, probably best to pop along to your piercer to have them take a look for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Thanks guys. I will go to town today and see the piercer. I hope it goes away. I've treated the piercing well from the very beginning so I am disappointed that this happened. Is it caused by anything in particular that I did?
    Anyway I'm sure one the piercer sees it she'll know exactly what's going on!

Thanks guys. I will go to town today and see the piercer. I hope it goes away. I've treated the piercing well from the very beginning so I am disappointed that this happened. Is it caused by anything in particular that I did?
    Anyway I'm sure one the piercer sees it she'll know exactly what's going on!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've found that I'm more likely to get them on cartilage piercings, even the teeniest little bump set mine off, and it's easily done in your sleep etc

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Toots. I went to my piercer and she said to put savlon cream on it. She also said if it doesn't go down in 2-3 days to push it down with a cotton bud but I am worried about making it worse then! I'll keep it nice and clean and use the savlon and hopefully it'll go away.

Advertisement