Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roots Ireland digout

Options
  • 08-02-2016 9:50pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a RI sub at the moment that could look up a 1902 marriage please?

Denis Joyce to Annie Hayes in first quarter of 1902 in Limerick.

I'm looking for the groom's father's name.

Also a birth of Mary Joyce - likely to the above parents in 1903.

Would really appreciate it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mollymoo19

Richard Joyce, Address: n/r, Occupation: PILOT.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Fantastic! Thank you so much.
    That is just what I hoped it would say.

"new" fourth cousin located. 14 extra people for the tree, and counting.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mollymoo19

Name: Mary Josephine Joyce, Date of Birth: 12-Mar-1903, Registration Date: 04-Jun-1903, Address: 1 Cathedral Place, Parish/District: LIMERICK NO. 2, Gender: Female, County Co. Limerick, Denomination: Civil Record, Father: Denis Joyce, Mother: Anne Hayes, Occupation: Carriage Builder.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I wonder would you mind checking one for me.
    Marriage of Patrick Moore and Rose Anne Hatch which took place in Clontarf on November 15th 1855.
    Just wondering if it mentions the grooms parents.
    Thanks.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭The Chieftain

Digout? Are we talking Bertie Ahern territory here? Can I have a digout too? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Hermy wrote:
    Just wondering if it mentions the grooms parents.

It doesn't Hermy, no. Just the father's surname and the two witnesses. There was a marriage for a Richard Hatch in 1858, in Malahide, father a Christopher Hatch, if that's any use to you.

Digout? Are we talking Bertie Ahern territory here? Can I have a digout too? :)
    Of course you can but it's vital that the money merely rest in your account!
    mod9maple wrote: »
    It doesn't Hermy, no. Just the father's surname and the two witnesses. There was a marriage for a Richard Hatch in 1858, in Malahide, father a Christopher Hatch, if that's any use to you.

Thanks mod9 - a pity that as the newspaper notice is similarly short on detail and it would have helped a lot in making a particular connection.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote:
    Thanks mod9 - a pity that as the newspaper notice is similarly short on detail and it would have helped a lot in making a particular connection.

There was an Anne Hatch born in Swords in 1820 to a James Hatch but I'm sure you already know that.

Actually, might I ask the names of the witnesses?

The Hatch name is new to me - her father was a doctor from Glendalough apparently who died in Louth in 1874.
    It's the Moore fella that interests me at the moment.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote:
    It's the Moore fella that interests me at the moment.

Oops, my mistake. It's the groom you were looking the details on.

Witnesses were James Gartland and Annamaria Holmes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alan259

Would I be able to have something checked for me?

The baptismal record of John Molloy. He was baptised in the Catholic parish of Castlegar, Co. Galway sometime between 1840 to 1870. His father's name was Thomas Molloy. Thanks.

I currently have access to Irish Newspaper Archive, The Irish Times Online and JSTOR to return the favour. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alan259

Alan259 wrote: »
    Would I be able to have something checked for me?

The baptismal record of John Molloy. He was baptised in the Catholic parish of Castlegar, Co. Galway sometime between 1840 to 1870. His father's name was Thomas Molloy. Thanks.

I currently have access to Irish Newspaper Archive, The Irish Times Online and JSTOR to return the favour. Thanks very much.

Got it sorted. Thanks for your help.

Maybe you folks have subscriptions to everything, and know precisely which records each company has. However, I don't - my failing I am sure - but it would be useful if threads like this could remind us what the data set in question is, or covers? Thanks

Chieftain - that would be impossible to keep up with - if you want to know what's on Rootsireland: check out their website. They give a full list of resources for each county.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Chieftain - that would be impossible to keep up with - if you want to know what's on Rootsireland: check out their website. They give a full list of resources for each county.
    No, that is not what I am asking. I mean, what is the specific RI database you are wanting info from - is it civil registrations, or church, and what period does it cover?
    Surely that could be added to a query without too much difficulty.

Ah, I see what you mean. Most of the time that information is in the question. If you see above I asked about a quarter of a year, which gives away that it's a civil marriage. RootsIreland doesn't give an option to search anything other than birth/baptismal, marriage, death/burial records. You can't narrow it down: the list of results will show either civil or church marriage, and often they'll have both for a couple.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Marriage of Patrick Moore and Rose Anne Hatch which took place in Clontarf on November 15th 1855.

Further to the above marriage I wonder would anyone mind checking if there are any baptisms for children born to this couple. I know of one child baptised in 1862 but as it's Clontarf I don't currently have access to records.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Anne baptised Sept 7, 1856
    Monica Mary b. Dec 19, 1858 baptised Dec 26
    Patrick Joseph b. May 11, 1860 baptised May 27
    Margaret Mary Beatrice b. Sept 22, 1870 baptised Oct 9
    Rose Mary b. June 27, 1861 baptised July 4
    Ignatius Michael b. July 2, 1862 baptised July 26
    Edward Joseph b. Sept 5, 1863 baptised Sept 8
    Daniel Charles b. Nov 5, 1864 baptised Nov 20

All born at Edenmore Raheny except Margaret at Cameron lodge, Coolock

Wow - that's fantastic mod9 - thank you very much.

Genealogy Forum Mod

If you want the sponsors just say so and I'll pm them to you tomorrow. I'm off to sleep now! And you're welcome, no bother.

• Advertisement

I would love the sponsors names if you don't mind.
    Thanks again.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement