Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day Dilemma

Options
  • 08-02-2016 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Arsenal v Leicester...

What do you want?

Providing we win of course..

A. Draw. and we will be 3 points behind Leicester and 2 points ahead of Arsenal.

B. Leicester win and we be 5 points behind them BUT 3 points ahead of Arsenal.

C. Arsenal win and we be 2 points behind Leicester and level with Arsenal.

And providing we do win, we'll be 4 points ahead of Shieky!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

IMO draw is the best outcome/result for us and a couple of red cards will be icing on the cake :P

We also need to show up against City especially Wimmer & Toby. Kun ( IMO the best striker in the PL) is on fire at the moment but, they are missing their creative players like Silva and KDB so god knows what formation/players they will use against us.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

To hell with being sensible, I'm throwing my hat in for a title challenge. So Arsenal to win and we beat City, followed by us being first in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I dont know what I want, I think I'd be happy enough with a Spurs & Leicester win to keep us up there beyond Arse & City, I dont want to let 2nd go tbh. I think Arsenal could get a decent run going, especially if they beat Leicester and winning the NLD might put them beyond us and damage our season. All it would take is for us to drop to 3rd or even 4th, United to go on a decent run and we could be scrapping for 4th by the seasons end.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'm with Kiith. Sensible sailed away when Leicester beat City. Arsenal win all the way and we get a win away from 1st. Gun it for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

A win for de goons (can't believe I just wrote that) or a draw be good. City have a lot of injuries. Jesus I just can't wait for de weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Id'e like a draw in that game and us to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I've thought about this alot. Either way we're in a bit of bother. Leicester win and I think they won't see their heads drop for the remainder of the season. We won't be able to catch them.

Arsenal win and we're looking at another strong finish to the season by them.

I think judging on the above the only logical outcome to be happy with is a draw.

Anyway. None of this will matter if we lose to City. I honestly hope the players and coaches are paying no attention to any other match but our own. We've gone through the whole season playing game by game. Dont think there's any point in changing that now.

Win against city and see where we're at from there. That's all I care about right now. Lose against city and this discussion doesn't matter one bit really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭golfball37

Let the chips fall where they may. I will be hoping Tottenham win and Arsenal lose as per normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

tippspur wrote: »
    Id'e like a draw in that game and us to win.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

To be honest I won't consider United out of it until there's a good ten point gap between 4th and 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

They actually play first so we'll know exactly what's what before kick off. I'm still saying for the next couple of days at least we're in the title race and Lecister need to drop points. We need Arsenal to hit them for 6 and burst their bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So, is this the official match day thread for Sunday?

Advertisement