Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab 900 Turbo 8 Valve Electronic Ignition Problem

Options
  • 08-02-2016 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Looking for any help on this. I have a 1985 Saab 900 8v Turbo that won't start. I have plenty of spark and the fuel pump is working. I think it is an issue with the electronic ignition. Does anyone out there have any knowledge of such systems and where or who should I bring the car to. Based In Donegal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What makes you think it's an ignition problem, exactly? IIRC those things use Bosch K-Jetronic injection, and persihed rubbers and assorted wear-and-tear causes all kinds of subtle issues with system and control pressure and so forth that lead to no- or difficult-start.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spidersonmars

I don't exactly TBH. I think it is fuel pump relay as I had a search on the web and it appears that it may be. Rare part apparently, as I a novice and have tried everything I know I'm seeing if someone else has an idea. I said that it might be the electronic ignition as I know nothing about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

i had one that had a fuel pump problem turned out it was the conection on the relay that goes back to the pump .locate the relay its in that box on the valance and take it out tou will probably find one connection burnt

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spidersonmars

Thank you. Got it going now. Now I have a new issue. She won't rev over 3000 under load and the headlights are going off intermittently. Fuses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Clean all your fuses, they used to give a lot of trouble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement