Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil burner service in Limerick/Nenagh area

Options
  • 08-02-2016 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi,

Wonder if someone could kindly advise here.
    Last week I've moved in to a house that has an oil burner, but I suspect it hasn't been used for probably almost a year or maybe longer. The problem is that it doesn't start. I pressed the reset button multiple times and it started for about 10 minutes very first time, got radiators hot and switched off. After this I cannot start it anymore. I've done few basic checks, oil level, bled the system, checked the continuity of the thermostat, pressed the reset button numerous times, but no go. What it does, it buzzes for maybe 2-3 seconds, also water pump working, then it sounds like a relay click and all goes quiet.

The model is Grant Module 50/90.

I suspect there could be an issue with oil flow, it has got this Tiger Loop transparent filter with 3 inputs full of oil, but it doesn't look very clean. There is also no oil sipping out of the bleed screw even when the screw is fully removed. There is oil in the extension where the bleed screw is though.

I think my knowledge ends here and I may need a professional to look at it. Can someone please recommend a company or a man, who could take a look?

Thanks in advance.

Art

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Joe Sheerin in Borrisakane does an excellent job servicing oil burners and cooker, pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nordicb

Many thanks, Joe will check it out for me. Sounded very knowledgeable by just explaining him symptoms.

Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nordicb

Just an update, I actually managed to fix it myself after educating a little on the web, the motor couldn't start due to faulty capacitor, all works great now. Thanks All.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 thebeeb

It would be no harm to get it serviced regardless so as to give it a clean bill of health

Advertisement