Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential scam

Options
  • 08-02-2016 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭

Thread cleared with mods.

Just a word of warning to those in private practice, especially those registered on the Irish Counselling Directory. I recently received an email from a gent, purporting to be from Canada, making inquiries about six weeks of twice weekly couples sessions for himself and his wife. He has an odd name, and no internet presence. My partner (in private practice) received the same.

The first will ask for a quote for the cost of these sessions. The second, whether or not you reply with interest or decline (we both declined) will give a detailed story of an infidelity and a child to another woman, a bizarre explanation of why the couple wish to pay up front by cheque, and an explanation that they do not wish to discuss the matter by phone.

It's an obvious scam, but may look tempting to practitioners.

I never thought to ask when I cleared this, but if the mods OK it, I'll be happy to pop the full text up on thread.

Advertisement