Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Feeding a wired mic to stereo in a Ford Focus MK2

Options
  • 07-02-2016 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hey all,

Ok, i've scoured the web for an explanation of my question and i reckon its such a simple thing to do that people aren't even bothering to discuss it.

I'm trying to feed a wire from a mic to the back of my stereo but can't figure out a way to get it through the dash and mount it somewhere while keeping the wire hidden (or as hidden as possible).

If anyone can help me out it would be hugely appreciated.
    If you could explain it like you would to a 6 year old child that would be great...

Its a 2011 MK2 Ford Focus by the way.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Place the mic up behind the mirror. Pull the roof lining down a little, if you grab the front edge where it meets the windscreen you can pull it down easily, run the mic wire in here. Pull the cover off the inside of the pillar & run the wire behind it. If you go passenger side you can remove the glovebox & you should be able to pick up the wire from the side of the dash & run it behind the glovebox & up to the back of the radio. It makes it easier if you remove all panels etc before you start running the wire.

Any problems contact your local car radio installer & pay them to do it.

Advertisement