Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying print out tickets

Options
  • 07-02-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

I got offered a print out ticket but is there any way to confirm if they are legit or not ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Not really. The key to print out tickets is to know who is selling them to you. If you go on Donedeal or Ebay, mostly, those sellers are anonymous. If you go onto adverts and its a new seller, they cannot really be verified. There is nothing to stop someone printing it ten times and the first anyone will know is when the ticket is rejected at the door.

If its someone you know personally, or they are an established seller on adverts.ie with a big history (I have 100+ positives) and the tickets are in their name, then they should be ok. If its somebody who is a friend of a friend and they got them from a friend, then there is no way you can verify them.

I sold printout tickets to two lots of friends this week and they know me well, I cannot disappear!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They could be properly legit and could be sold 10 times over to different people. Only buy if you 100% know the person and can go back to them if there's issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I got offered a print out ticket but is there any way to confirm if they are legit or not ?

Where you offered this ticket from a friend or a website?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Proper tickets are not reliable either, well certainly ones ordered online, since the buyer can report them stolen and get new ones reissued and you will be refused when they scan the barcode.

I got print out tickets and was dubious about the seller so I rang ticketmaster asking if there was any previous questions about them. They eventually told me no but I really had to push them just to get that from them.

Advertisement