Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked out of Facebook

Options
  • 07-02-2016 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

A friend cannot access Facebook because he no longer has the phone on which he asked to be contacted with the Security Code. The other option, that of logging in on the last device on which he made contact, is not available either. It was an Internet café abroad. We would really appreciate some help or advice. It seems impossible to contact Facebook.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How can I use my friends (ex: trusted contacts) to get back into my account?
    If you're locked out of your account, you can use trusted contacts to get access to your account. If you have trusted contacts set up:

Click Forgot your password? and find your account.
    Follow the instructions to use your trusted contacts to get back into your account.
    You'll receive a set of instructions that includes a URL. The URL contains a special security code that only your trusted contacts can access. Call your friends and give them the URL so that they can open the link and give the security code to you.
    Use the security codes from your friends to access your account.

https://www.facebook.com/help/215543298568604

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bellissima

Thanks very much, Biko. There is nobody selected as a trusted contact, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose this is a good time to ask people to add Trusted Contacts in case they get locked out.
    https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security&section=trusted_friends&view

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

I believe that if you're locked out of your facebook account, you may have the option to reset your login information by Answering your security question or Getting help from friends.

Advertisement