Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva - access by Dart

Options
  • 06-02-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hi people, first time going to the Aviva and not living in Dublin, so I have a couple of public transport questions (always just walked home via a pub or two before).

Probably going to park in Dun Laoghaire and get the DART to the RDS and walk it in from there? (Red Route, so down Serpentine Avenue).

I've never taken the dart on match day before, anything I should be aware of? Herself will not be pleased if we don't make KO!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

The Dart station is quite literally right beside the Aviva. You won't get near the RDS.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Get the dart to Landsdowne Road, it's right beside the ground. You should have very little walking to do to get to your seat (10 mins) unless you're sitting in the north stand.

After the game I always walk past a massive queue though for the Dart so you might be better off walking into Ballsbridge or going for a pint and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

awec wrote: »
    Get the dart to Landsdowne Road, it's right beside the ground. You should have very little walking to do to get to your seat (10 mins) unless you're sitting in the north stand.

I thought it was closed on match days? East Stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

ezra_ wrote: »
    I thought it was closed on match days? East Stand.

No, it's open. They close Grand Canal station after the game but not Lansdowne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Yep head to Landsowne, it's probably a 25/30 min journey from Dun Laoghaire on a match day. Once you're there the first thing you'll see is the Aviva, couldn't miss it. Just look for the right entrance, and if you can't find it ask a steward. Enjoy the match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Just wondering if it takes much longer to walk round to the north stand coming from Baggott Street. First time there, normally in the west stand.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Just wondering if it takes much longer to walk round to the north stand coming from Baggott Street. First time there, normally in the west stand.

No, just go the same way you'd go to the West stand but go down Bath Avenue.

Advertisement