Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car and only one woe!

Options
  • 06-02-2016 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Got rid of bothersome crv, and now have a lovely 03 gallant.
    has one and one only prob....has a hole in flexi pipe...just wondering if it can be patched and will nct allow it to pass if patched well...or does a new flexi pipe have to go on for them?????

cheers everyone...hopefully last time I need advice with nct matters.:):):)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The ehaust flexi?

Price one new, depends what needs to be replaced. Some times you can just bold in the new section. Many places can weld in a universal one.

I don't know any material that would patch it and hold

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

You can buy horrid patches (in Halfords) that jubilee clip around them if you don't want to cut out and weld in a new bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭spacekiwi

Yeah its exhaust flexi. Saw some holts patch with gum and clips in halfords...do they work? Or are they a waste of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

spacekiwi wrote: »
    Yeah its exhaust flexi. Saw some holts patch with gum and clips in halfords...do they work? Or are they a waste of time?
    It can't be a lasting solution.
    Order up a weld in one (with proper dimensions) for a lasting solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Considering the flexi is, well flexible and surrounded by mesh. I doubt you would ever be able to use a jubilee clip to seal it,even with sealant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement