Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Styrofoam / xps

Options
  • 06-02-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi!

I'm looking for a place to get Styrofoam or extruded polystyrene. the one that doesn't have little balls. I'm looking for 25mm thick sheets to work on some scenery projects.

Any idea where to find it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

Would the sheets they use for insulation work?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Craftfoam is the brandname used in the UK to sell it to the art market ( www.craftfoam.uk ) unfortunately they don't ship direct to Ireland. It's the same high density xps stuff widely used for insulation in the US but not very common here. I've been looking for a place to get it without buying a huge tradesman quantity for a while with not much luck. Some types of underfloor heating insulation is the same stuff as well but usually only comes in 6mm or 10mm as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

callee wrote: »
    Would the sheets they use for insulation work?

Yes, but not the aeroboard one as that comes with little balls.
    Rolllo wrote: »
    Craftfoam is the brandname used in the UK to sell it to the art market ( www.craftfoam.uk ) unfortunately they don't ship direct to Ireland. It's the same high density xps stuff widely used for insulation in the US but not very common here. I've been looking for a place to get it without buying a huge tradesman quantity for a while with not much luck. Some types of underfloor heating insulation is the same stuff as well but usually only comes in 6mm or 10mm as far as I know.

It really seems like a holy grail. I found this: http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/25mm-styrofoam.html but is like 15 £ shipping 8 of them, so you end up paying more for the shipping than for the stuff itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Prinks

Those are only A4 sheets. What size is the scenery project?

Advertisement