Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are BBC not covering the 6N in full now?

Options
  • 06-02-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

I see that don't have the IRLvWAL match on their fixtures. Not an issue for me as I'm going to the match, but not having SaorView or Sky, it means we only get the UK channels.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

ezra_ wrote: »
    I see that don't have the IRLvWAL match on their fixtures. Not an issue for me as I'm going to the match, but not having SaorView or Sky, it means we only get the UK channels.

BBC and ITV have split coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Ah, great. We get that.

Cheers - is that new? Had RTE last year so never noticed the break.

Ah, great. We get that.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

yea it's new for this year.

Are you sure you get the real ITV and not UTV Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Ah, great. We get that.

Deal reached only a few months ago as BBC joined forces with ITV to outbid Sky. BBC have home matches of Scotland/Wales/France while ITV have home matches of Ireland/England/Italy. Don't forget that from 2018 TV3 will have ROI rights instead of RTE.

• Advertisement

Freeview baby!
    I get UTV, all the ITVs and a variety of weird ones I've never seen before.

Also means I get all the BBCs so when NI goes off piste, we can switch to London.

/plug for freeview!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Freeview baby!
    I get UTV, all the ITVs and a variety of weird ones I've never seen before.

Also means I get all the BBCs so when NI goes off piste, we can switch to London.

/plug for freeview!

You mean Freesat not Freeview as Freeview is digital terrestial and Freesat is satellite with all the BBC regions as well as all the ITV regions when you add them manually.

Uh, yeah, I guess.

Honestly, I just stuck the dish on the wall, pointed where I was told to do it and pressed 'scan'. All the FTA channels turned up then.

Advertisement