Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited broadband deals

Options
  • 06-02-2016 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi!

I've thinking of changing my internet service provider. I live in Carrick on Suir, Co Tipp and I've been with Three for the last 7 years on a mobile broadband deal (No problem with the service, just want unlimited allowance!). There is no landline in my house and I don't want to get one put in.

I've been looking at Nova Broadband at the moment (giving it a fair bit of thought). I was wondering if ye could recommend any broadband plans/providers in the area, or if ye have had any past experience with Nova or other providers!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanking ye in advance!

Arkose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

We had students on work experience and they use a phone with a three sim card as a hotspot . Top it up with 20 yoyo's and away you go. Probably breaking the rules but they used that system for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

seem to get a good rating here
    http://ratemyisp.ie/ratings/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have a Huawei B593 router that can take a SIM card and am thinking about getting a SIM off Three, topping it up by €20 and using it. Is anyone doing this or should I be going to Three and getting a dedicated broadband SIM off them rather than a normal phone SIM?

Thanks,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Before availing of a different service, try and find someone in your vicinity who is using the required service. If a sales rep from any of the coms companies offers you the sun, moon and stars, it is not necessarily true. Do not sign a contract until you know the quality of the product. Always seek a cooling off period (in writing) which will allow you opt out if it turns out not to be as you were led to expect.

Advertisement