Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Council registration with Hibernia

Options
  • 05-02-2016 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone, just wondering if there's anyone who did the higher dip in primary Ed that starts in April? I'm due to qualify soon, last exam is the end of March, and I'm trying to figure out how to register with the teaching council. They say a representative will visit the college. My question is when I can expect this visit to happen? I think i figured out from their website that they need to visit in order for me to sign the waiver for the college to pass on my details to the Council and I also need to fill out a Garda vetting form with them. Then they say after Garda vetting (which can take 10 weeks) they send me a personalised registration form in July!!! Do I really have to wait until July before I can even register with them, seeing as I qualify in April? Does the Council not know or just not care that Hibernia has graduates in April every year? Do they just expect us to wait until all the other colleges graduate at the end of the summer to register? Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I think you'd do best to get the college to contact the TC.

Advertisement