Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusted

Options
  • 05-02-2016 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, I have an iveco daily camper and the floor is gone and has to be replaced.
    Do I need to replace the floor with iveco parts or could it be replaced with sheet metal and still pass the doe test?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Situation wrote: »
    Hi, I have an iveco daily camper and the floor is gone and has to be replaced.
    Do I need to replace the floor with iveco parts or could it be replaced with sheet metal and still pass the doe test?

Sheet metal properly fabbed and welded in is ok.

Corrugated sheeting and pop rivets is a big NO, No:D

Any structural elements, outriggers ect have to be properly fitted, obviously.

And it will probably need a SQI signature to cover the work.

I've a mix of chequer-plate (3mm ali.), body panelling (1mm tin sheet) glue, paint, stone chip, seam sealer and rivets. No SQI.

3 DOEs since and never an issue.

If it was structural I'd weld it in.

The art of passing a DOE on bodywork is to make everything a black ambiguous topography that's sound enough not to let a screwdriver penetrate and no sharp edges. ;)

Advertisement