Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bald patches in toddler.

Options
  • 04-02-2016 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

I just noticed that my daughter has 4 bald patches appear on her scalp in the last two weeks, about a euro coin in size each. I'm worried now that it might be something serious. Has this happened to anyone else's child?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Have you noticed her pulling at or playing with it? Some toddlers can go through phases of pulling their hair out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Have you noticed her pulling at or playing with it? Some toddlers can go through phases of pulling their hair out.

My son went through a phase of doing this, he seems to have stopped now but he did remove a lot of hair at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Miss Merry Berry

I haven't noticed her pull at her hair and she hates hair ties or anything in her hair so that's not dragging her hair out either. I have booked a GP appointment for next week so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it. It's just how suddenly it came on that shocked me.

Advertisement