Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.com and .ie hosting question

Options
  • 04-02-2016 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

I'm going to register a .ie and a .com

I'll do the dev in .ie as that will be the main site and redirect the .com at the .ie.

Will I need to pay for hosting for the .com if all I do is have a redirect to the .ie? Does that count as hosting?

Cheapest way of doing that where I build a 4 page site, couple of emails, an order form, some pics and links to youtube?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Most hosting accounts will support 2 domains pointing at the same site. You will need to check with your chosen hosting provider for a specific answer.

I'd budget around a tenner a month for a basic hosting package with email. You can pay less if you dig around, you can pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Will I need to pay for hosting for the .com if all I do is have a redirect to the .ie? Does that count as hosting?
    You shouldn't have to. Most hosting providers support a redirect / pointer / alias type scenario under some name or another
    Cheapest way of doing that where I build a 4 page site, couple of emails, an order form, some pics and links to youtube?

As Graham said, prices vary.

Shop around :)

Advertisement