Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are my VDSL Line Stats abnormal? DSL Dropping

Options
  • 03-02-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,

Just a quick question to see if anyone could tell me if my line stats on Vodafone Fibre are abnormal? I've had the line speed dropped and then slightly increased again to the highest it can achieve and I've recently been getting DSL dropouts over the past couple of weeks, every few days or so. As you can see it's an 80meg line, frequents about 70-75meg.

Any experts on this, does anything seem wonky that would cause instability?

i.imgur[dot]com/TBaJOAA.png (Can't post links)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

FYI you can copy paste line stats and wrap them in the "CODE" tags, much better than huge screengrabs.

Line rates are good but those error counters aren't insignificant. Could be interference or moisture or any other fault. Call vodafone, have them run the tests and most likely send out a tech with a meter to track down the issue.

With those figures the cabinet isnt far off so they won't have much to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DanJayF

Oh right, never thought of that! Thanks

Yeah the cabinet is less than 250 meters away, about a 3 minute walk.
    I've gotten Vodafone to run tests twice and they've sent engineers out twice, one came to my house to explain the situation but apparently they replaced various components along the line and have done everything they can.

So now I either ask to turn the profile down to 70 again or get to troubleshooting within my own house.

Thanks for the reply ED

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get onto them on your mobile and have them run a phone line test, then remove everything your side and have them test again. If theres a significant change in the profile they see something inside the house is bandjaxed.

Advertisement