Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New 'Modern Classics' magazine?

Options
  • 03-02-2016 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

A new classic car magazine was recently launched in the UK - 'Modern Classics'. It caters for cars for the 80's/90's/00's, also known as 'Youngtimers' in Europe.

Has anybody here seen it for sale in Ireland yet?

It's now on issue 3...

http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/partnership/modernclassics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Looks like something that could slot in nicely between Irish Vintage Scene and Retro Classics. Will keep my eyes peeled for a copy the next time I'm in a Newsagent. Also, looks like Ant Anstead, the mechanic and builder in 'For The Love of Cars' tv show is a part of this Mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

CianDon wrote: »
    Looks like something that could slot in nicely between Irish Vintage Scene and Retro Classics. Will keep my eyes peeled for a copy the next time I'm in a Newsagent. Also, looks like Ant Anstead, the mechanic and builder in 'For The Love of Cars' tv show is a part of this Mag.

Yes, it looks promising! Ant Anstead is listed as a contributor alright. I havent spotted it in Easons to date...may have to order online?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

I saw that in UK airport recently and it caught my eye amongst all myriad of other car mags...

One I think I would read monthly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

I saw that in UK airport recently and it caught my eye amongst all myriad of other car mags...

One I think I would read monthly....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Lellostag

I ordered issue 2 a few weeks back and it arrived rather promptly, turns out to be a pretty decent read although the paper quality isn't as good as the usual mags like Practical Classics and suchlike. Suppose that'll change if and when they get large enough volumes of this new venture.

I haven't seen Modern Classics in any newsagents yet, so ordering online might be our best bet at the time being. This third issue seems interesting enough, so might order that one as well to see what it's all about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

Spotted issue 2 a couple of weeks ago in the little newsagents at Dunnes in Leopardstown (just off Ballyogan Rd) was surprised as hadn't seen
    it anywhere in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

Had a look today (weds) and issue 3 is there now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Newsagents will get any magazine you want if you just ask them, I get American magazines through my local Easons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭goochy

My local tesco had it but not easons . Seemed decent enough but didn't but it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

I purchased a copy today in Tesco (issue three). Havent read it yet, looks promising :)

I see what a previous poster means about the quality of the paper used in the magazine...I'd say it will be a permanent feature...to be 'different' from other car mags.

• Advertisement
Advertisement