Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matlab help needed

Options
  • 03-02-2016 2:50pm
    Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm wondering if someone who knows how to use Matlab can help. I have never used it before but need to complete this for a course assignment. I have attached the table showing the alarms required.

Design an Effective Alarm Management system using MATLAB simulink for the following data.

• Arrange the alarm into two categories like High importance and Warnings
    • Separately display the alarms that are important for the supervisor to monitor and to do corrective action.
    • Alarm triggered means it has to display 1.
    • Alarm not triggered means it has to display 0.
    • Assume some fault conditions.
    • Feed some sample values as the input parameters, run the simulation and provide the snapshots.
    • Provide snapshots before and after the Alarm trigger by feeding abnormal values.
    Hint:

Open matlab.
    In command window type simulink and press enter.
    Now, in simulink window open a new simulink model.
    Using the following blocks
    ‘Constant’ block to feed the parameter values
    ‘Constant’ block to enter the cut off/ ref. value.
    ‘Relational operator block’ to compare the above two values.
    Display block to display the ALARM- 1 / 0.

I am able to build the blocks but don't know how to set up the alarms as the relational operator block only compares 2 values and I need to compare a inputted parameter to an upper and lower limit so that a value that is too low or too high displays a 1 in the display block.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I'm not familiar with Mathlab but it should be possible to use two relational operator blocks, one comparing the constant value block to the high alarm and the other to the low alarm limit, and then use a logical OR function to combine the two to generate the alarm condition for display.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Pete67 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with Mathlab but it should be possible to use two relational operator blocks, one comparing the constant value block to the high alarm and the other to the low alarm limit, and then use a logical OR function to combine the two to generate the alarm condition for display.

Thanks for the reply Pete. I'll give a go but I'm not sure if having two separate blocks for the parameter input will be acceptable.

Advertisement