Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Smartlink on new Octavia

Options
  • 03-02-2016 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I bought a new Octavia and was told Smartlink was standard.

Now I'm being told it's on the radio but the dealer needs to activate it.
    He's telling me that'll be €200 to activate it!

Anyway to get the code myself or do I have to fork out the money?

Wouldn't normally ask but feel like I'm being cheated out of €200
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

JonnyStout wrote: »
    I bought a new Octavia and was told Smartlink was standard.

Now I'm being told it's on the radio but the dealer needs to activate it.
    He's telling me that'll be €200 to activate it!

Anyway to get the code myself or do I have to fork out the money?

Wouldn't normally ask but feel like I'm being cheated out of €200
    dealers back to there old ways,if it was in the middle of the recession they would only be to glad to do it,i would push them to do it alright for free, especially if was supposed to be standard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Interesting, I'm awaiting delivery of a new Octavia later this month and it's supposed to include SmartLink. I'll be making sure it's working before I drive off the lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

It's standard on all MIB2 head units but some specs need it to be activated. It can be activated when ordering (cheaper) or afterwards.

You can buy the codes on Amazon or eBay, I'm not 100% sure if it's possible to enter it via the screen or dealer software though.

Advertisement