Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50gb music for Samsung Note 4

Options
  • 03-02-2016 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

I have my lifetime CD collection backed up to pc hard drive and its approximately 50gb in size as regular MP3.

Any tips please how to copy it onto my Samsung Note 4?

I currently just have a 32gb sd memory card do I intend on getting a bigger one assuming my music can be transferred.

Any tips appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭leche solara

Just get a bigger card and copy it over. Very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Upload it to google play music and you can stream it from anywhere. Or just buy a 64GB card and copy it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I actually attempted to copy 30gb of it over and 99% of it failed.

Do I have to use Google music in order for it to copy? I was trying not to subscribe to Google music as I have Spotify for years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Google music is free (50,000 song upload), I also have the paid service but no need as you have Spotify.

Maybe try transferring the music to your phone in batches of 7gig

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I actually attempted to copy 30gb of it over and 99% of it failed.

you can copy it by just sticking the card into your PC (using an adaptor if you have one), or plugging the phone into your PC and mounting the SD card.

Are you sure the card is genuinely 32GB - a lot of cheap cards are fake and have much lower capacities than they are sold as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you plugged the phone into the PC it'll use MTP which is one of the most painful protocols ever. It really won't play well with 15k files.

Shut down the phone, take the microSD out and stick it in the PC with an adapter and fill it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Do you really need access to all 50gbs at all time? Copy the half you are more inclined to listen to over.

Advertisement