Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to LA €81 return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Got a few dates for 135, but it clashes with another of the girlfriends flights :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Seems to be gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Best I get is 8th June, 2 weeks, 273 euro

16th march to 26th 4 people 274 each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Best I get is 8th June, 2 weeks, 273 euro
    16th march to 26th 4 people 274 each

With which airline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

damn, we lost it.. did you get ticket numbers OP?

The routing I was getting was airfrance. Dublin cityjet to paris and transfer to AF.

I got offered it as listed but didnt buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

These days, if the fare was listed in error (esp if the error was obvious, seems to be the case with this one) the airlines rarely honour any bookings that get made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Always looking at boards for good deals and bargains etc.

These flights look very tasty.

The catch being that you must go on short-ish notice.

are there any potential risks ?

The obvious one being : Can the online retailer simply refuse to honour the purchase or simply come back and say, ooops !! sorry that was a price glitch, if you still want to take the flight please hand over €300-€400 to make up the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Always looking at boards for good deals and bargains etc.

These flights look very tasty.

The catch being that you must go on short-ish notice.

are there any potential risks ?

The obvious one being : Can the online retailer simply refuse to honour the purchase or simply come back and say, ooops !! sorry that was a price glitch, if you still want to take the flight please hand over €300-€400 to make up the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I don't think glitches like this should be posted in Bargain Alerts.

It's not a bargain is it? It's a price error on a website the company is going to pick up on and in 99% of cases not honour.

"If it's on their website they have to honour the price by law" I hear the Luddites say. Well no, any professional company have a clause in their conditions to state they do not have to honour prices like this if they are an error.

It's not a bargain is it? It's a price error on a website the company is going to pick up on and in 99% of cases not honour.

"If it's on their website they have to honour the price by law" I hear the Luddites say. Well no, any professional company have a clause in their conditions to state they do not have to honour prices like this if they are an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Of all the companies to honour these kind of glitches, airlines are the most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

it was with AirFrance via paris
    i had 112 euros last night.
    the lowest of 51euros was repricing though.
    not sure if Airfrance will honor the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

The thing is here that the glitch was with the OTA. You are ticketed with the airline and everythgni looks fine but when the OTA takes your money and passes it to the airline to complete the transaction the airline will say 'hey thats not enough, we want X amount for that fare'.

Usually at this point the OTA will then simply cancel your flight/booking and send you a mail saying sorry we ballsed up, especially as this was way too low on some flights. I heard one guy on this deal booked a flight for minus 61 euro.
    If youre lucky it might stand, maybe those who paid 200+ will be ok but its doubtful, didnt stop me trying though :) 100 euro to LAX, even for the mileage would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Of course they should.
    There are many times "bargains" like this have appeared and sometimes
    (small number fair enough), they have been honoured by the companies
    which makes it worthwhile to post them.
    It's not a bargain is it?
    If Dublin - LA return for €81 is not a bargain, what is it?
    May not happen but at least you have a (slim) chance of getting it.
    It's a price error on a website the company is going to pick up on and in 99% of cases not honour.

Most of them are price errors but if 99% fail, then 1% are happy and if you were that 1%, you would be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

weemcd wrote: »

These days, if the fare was listed in error (esp if the error was obvious, seems to be the case with this one) the airlines rarely honour any bookings that get made.

I flew to New York and back for €38 thanks to a pricing error like this. Other Boards.ie users got return flights to Japan for less than €300 recently. Of course they should be posted.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Of course they should.
    There are many times "bargains" like this have appeared and sometimes
    (small number fair enough), they have been honoured by the companies
    which makes it worthwhile to post them.

If Dublin - LA return for €81 is not a bargain, what is it?
    May not happen but at least you have a (slim) chance of getting it.

Most of them are price errors but if 99% fail, then 1% are happy and if you were that 1%, you would be happy.

LA return for €81 is not a bargain, it is quite clearly an administrative error.

We'll just see how many people fly from Dublin to LA then for that price, I won't hold my breath :rolleyes:

I also wouldn't waste my time trying to put through an order for something I knew was wrong in the first place, only for them to take my money, hold it until they spot the error then cancel it and refund it. Complete and total waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I also wouldn't waste my time trying to put through an order for something I knew was wrong in the first place, only for them to take my money, hold it until they spot the error then cancel it and refund it. Complete and total waste of time.

looking at bargain alerts over the years , there seems to has been many bargains had by taking a chance. There are plenty of things worth taking a chance on IMO. There were also plenty that i missed by not buying them at the time, quickly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I'd like to think I'm old enough and smart enough to spot the difference between a price-drop bargain and a bargain due to a pricing error.

In the case of a potential pricing error, if I chose to proceed it would be with enough caution that I wouldn't be out of pocket were the purchase to be cancelled.

I don't understand why some posters would like to take away that choice from me.

When it comes to airline tickets, certain airlines constantly appear on the 'error fare' lists. They appear often enough that I'd conclude they offload excess capacity via the 'error fares'.

• Advertisement

I guess you haven't been following BA in the past few months/years and seen some amazing offers which looked amazing and were honoured.
    As said, if 1% get a Bargain then that's a good enough reason to post it in BA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

They are actively cancelling these fares, even those issued with eTicket numbers.

In any case, it is/was still a potential BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Please keep posting these type of offers. Well worth the gamble. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Tell that to the lad who had a nice suite in a Dublin city Hilton hotel last year and a Full Irish the next morning for a fiver. The bol*x even posted a pic of the breakfast the next day.

Keep them glitches coming. It's like the fertilisation process. All it takes is one to get through.........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Any confirmation if they got cancelled? Gotta keep a closer eye on here if this crops up again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Lekrub wrote: »
    Any confirmation if they got cancelled? Gotta keep a closer eye on here if this crops up again.

Looks like they did: https://m.facebook.com/secretflying/photos/a.397566820397939.1073741828.359864900834798/619286764892609/?type=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

miamee wrote: »

Yea christ that looks messy now with charges etc.

If they don't honour the original flights at the original cost, there's no way
    they can put a €/£40 admin charge on it.
    Wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally.
    Call to CC company me thinks.

Told ya so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement