Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo size help please!

Options
  • 02-02-2016 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I rent my car out on Turo.com

Before every trip I have to take 6 pictures of the car. When I take them with my oneplus one phone and attempt to upload them using the Turo app I get an error that the photos are too small and must be at least 960 x 960. I have looked at the camera settings on both camera apps that I have and although there is no size, there are mega pixel adjustments and I have them set to their highest.

I have a Kodak EasyShare z650. I have taken the photos with this and attempted to upload them using Turo.com's website. However, when I upload them the images are cropped so I am missing about half a foot from the front and back of the car if I'm doing a side shot.

I tried one of the many photo resize websites. However, when I tell it to make the picture 960x960 it is squashing the photo of the car.

I don't know what to do now. If there is a phone that I can buy that can take the type of pictures that I need, I would be glad to hear of it. I'm not too sure if buying a new camera will be much good to me as I have to sometimes take pictures and get them uploaded to the site while I am away from home - unless there are cameras now that can plug into the phone in some way.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

According to the specs your phone has a 13MP camera, so the files should be too large at full resolution. I'd guess that somehow you are uploading thumbnails instead of the image itself.

As for re-sizing images from your camera, you have to select an option that says something like "maintain aspect ratio" or the image will change scale.

Advertisement