Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car tax,change of ownership?

Options
  • 02-02-2016 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I recently bought a car and the change of ownership form has been sent away. The car is not taxed, and i was wondering if i could buy the tax before the log book comes back to me. I need my car to get to work but obviously don't want to drive it without tax. (Also I park in a public carpark and understand that I will be fined for failure to display a valid tax disc). Can I tax it without the logbook?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Goose81

maggiie wrote: »
    I recently bought a car and the change of ownership form has been sent away. The car is not taxed, and i was wondering if i could buy the tax before the log book comes back to me. I need my car to get to work but obviously don't want to drive it without tax. (Also I park in a public carpark and understand that I will be fined for failure to display a valid tax disc). Can I tax it without the logbook?
    Someone else just started a thread on the same thing, its on page 2

• Registered Users Posts: 51,170 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can check here if ownership has transferred over to you:

https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/start.do;jsessionid=0aa0114730d8e62e0e697d23424b9fb6911a6131d903.e38PaNaSbh0RaO0Na3uQe0?page=welcome

If ownership has transferred then you can request a new PIN to tax it online. If ownership hasn't transferred yet then taxing will mean that the disc will be sent to the previous owner's address.

Advertisement