Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agent Coulson

Options
  • 02-02-2016 8:53pm

Does he count as a superhero?

What about Bruce Wayne?

Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Coulson could possibly be considered a superhero given what was used to bring him back to life. A hard one to judge though.

Bruce Wayne, I think technically shouldn't because he doesn't have superpowers, but his mental and physical abilities are so high as to be almost superhuman, so while he technically shouldn't be classed as a superhero, f*ck technicalities. He's Batman.

The overarching question is what's the deciding factors in judging whether someone's a superhero or not.

I always looked on it that if Lex and Joker et all can be super villains without powers then super heroes don't need them either.

It's the actions which define it for me as opposed to "special" powers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

He does also have a bionic hand now. So that puts him on par with some already established heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wouldn't consider him a superhero, More of a human ally to the superhero's much like Sharon Carter or Maria Hill

Or Commisioner Gordon to Batman or Rick Jones to Hulk , there's always human ally's to hero's and I think Coulson fits in that bracket nicely

Except those allies tend to be, in the main, lost without the hero. Coulson does fine without the more often than not.
    He's been give Kree regeneration (don't think that we've seen the last of that) and a super strong robotic hand.

• Advertisement

But if Coulson was one on one with some of the traditional Marvel Big Bads he wouldn't have a prayer

Venom, Green Goblin, Magneto, Apocalypse, Loki, Doom, Red Skull, Abombination etc would all make bits of him on his own that's where i'd draw the line anyway

But if Coulson was one on one with some of the traditional Marvel Big Bads he wouldn't have a prayer

Venom, Green Goblin, Magneto, Apocalypse, Loki, Doom, Red Skull, Abombination etc would all make bits of him on his own that's where i'd draw the line anyway

Same could be said for Batman when he fights Darksied

Yeah you'd think that would be true but that's DC I always found DC to be way more fantastical than Marvel

Batman is like Iron man in a way a regular standard human if you will but has the billionaire technology to back him up so in essence he's a self made superhero

Advertisement