Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADAC European Breakdown for 2016 ?

Options
  • 02-02-2016 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hey,

Any of you guys using ADAC for European breakdown cover for this year ?
    I have e-mailed them recently and they kinda talked me out of it due to "reduced" cover if not a German resident.
    Here's the reply I got from them:

thank you for your message and interest in joining ADAC.

Please note that the ADAC (Plus) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits for members residing outside Germany. The classic membership covers breakdown assistance in
    Germany only.

ADAC Plus members will not be entitled to benefits such as spare parts dispatch, vehicle customs
    duties and scrapping, credits and cash service in Germany and in their country of residence.

In view of the above, would you please verify whether a local organisation offers a product that better suits your needs.

Under the FIA umbrella organisation, ADAC cooperates with other automobile clubs. We believe that your local automobile club might offer products that provide more comprehensive protection.

Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭niloc1951

.................Please note that the ADAC (Plus) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits for members residing outside Germany....................................[/I][/B]

Those services are not available to any (including those living in Germany) members as when in Germany a member is considered to be 'at home'. It also applies to members who are non resident in Germany when in their 'home' country.
    However their package of benefits available when away from their 'home country' or not in Germany apply in full to all members.
    If a person does not plan on visiting Germany it makes no difference, but if you do visit and are unfortunate to need the 'foreign' assistance it would be wise to have a plan B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

Hi Niloc,
    So basically, if I take out the policy, I will have breakdown assist once I'm not in Germany ? It says about the classic (?) policy covers breakdown assistance in Germany only ??
    What other options are available I wonder ? The ADAC option seems competitively priced even if their "home" policy is a bit confusing !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Hi Niloc,
    So basically, if I take out the policy, I will have breakdown assist once I'm not in Germany ? It says about the classic (?) policy covers breakdown assistance in Germany only ??
    What other options are available I wonder ? The ADAC option seems competitively priced even if their "home" policy is a bit confusing !

As I understand it, in Germany and at home (in The Republic of Ireland) what you don't have is the parts location and delivery and other stuff which is part of their away from 'home' service, but you do have the normal breakdown assist and recovery, the type of assistance and recovery you get from the likes of The AA when your 'at home' in the RoI.

Cheers for the info niloc. I'll give them a ring and keep you posted !

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭blackeyedpeat

I was looking into the ADAC cover and it seem comprehensive. I was just wondering with this and health insurance would you need "travel insurance" as well?

• Advertisement

I was looking into the ADAC cover and it seem comprehensive. I was just wondering with this and health insurance would you need "travel insurance" as well?

I have never taken out travel insurance but that's just me. I never took out breakdown cover either but I think I'll be contacting ADAC in the coming weeks. Do you have health cover ?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Seems that different people are being told / emailed different things regarding the range of cover if not a German resident.

Just renewed and asked that specific question;
    For ADAC (Plus) members, is there now a reduced range of services and benefits for members residing outside Germany?

Was told No, the level of cover for 2016 is the same as the level of cover for 2015.
    This is regardless of whether you are a German-based customer or an Irish-based customer.
    This is also regardless of whether you are a new customer or an existing customer.

You are covered for breakdown and assistance in any country covered by your ADAC policy and are always returned to your home address, when needed, be that in Germany or Ireland or wherever else you registered as your home address when taking out the policy.

Advertisement