Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which phone..OneplusX,RedmiNote3 or Zuk Z1

Options
  • 02-02-2016 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I need a new phone and the oneplus x caught my eye. Looking on here I did see the Zuk Z1 mentioned and the Redmi Note 3. I must admit the glass finish on the oneplus is very tempting. Any significant advantages to any of the phones though?
    thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Redmi note 3 now has a pro variant with snapdragon 650 chipset

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Redmi note 3 now has a pro variant with snapdragon 650 chipset

Highly recommend the zukz1 as have had it 2 months now and greatly impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

irishchris wrote: »
    Highly recommend the zukz1 as have had it 2 months now and greatly impressed

IC does it have notifcation leds?

Thanks JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Those phones are a mix of 5' and 5.5 screens, which one is your preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I went with the Oneplus X. Already have it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I went with the Oneplus X. Already have it. :D

How are you finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Greenman wrote: »
    IC does it have notifcation leds?

Thanks JD.

Hi mate, yes it does. These are set to colours for different notifications/charge statuses but can also be set by the user to whichever colours they wish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

irishchris wrote: »
    Hi mate, yes it does. These are set to colours for different notifications/charge statuses but can also be set by the user to whichever colours they wish

Thanks IC for getting back to me.

Nearly decided. smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

cmac2009 wrote: »
    How are you finding it?
    Really,really good. I will say that I have moved from an 8gb iphone 4s so Im probably more wowed by the phone than say a Galaxy user would be.
    But so far I dont really have many niggles with the phone. Its extremely responsive,battery is decent,camera is grand, the screen is amazing and the build quality is superb. I really like the Oxygen UI. There are a couple of little things that Id like to see added such as a quiet hours mode (which is on the Oneplus 2) but Im sure those features will come.

On the negative side would be the accessories. I bought the official tempered glass screen protector and a case that looks like dark wood. The screen protector didnt fit properly and I had fierce trouble putting it on(by the time I got it on it was filthy with dust and bubbles). So I bought a screen protector for 5euro delivered from adverts and it works a charm, much better than the official 13 euro one. Also the screen on the phone seems slightly curved at the sides so even the new protector isnt 100% invisible, can see the edges from the side. The quality of the Black Apricot case is pretty poor. It looks great but seems very flimsy and like it wouldnt protect the phone in a fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

oneplus x better, i like its Hydrogen OS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

delph09 wrote: »
    oneplus x better, i like its Hydrogen OS.

Poor camera and battery though.

Advertisement