Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flickr deleting pics

Options
  • 01-02-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

My iphone was filling up with pics/video, so I used the Flickr app to upload everything (it took days....). Plan was that I could then view them online if needed.

All looked ok so I deleted a large chunk of pics off the phone; all backed up anyway on the laptop.

Assuming all was well I left it for a few days then checked Flickr - it appears that most if not all the deleted pics are missing from Flickr.

So my question is:- does the Flickr auto uploadr actually sync your pics between the phone and Flickr? If so is there a way to disable this (can't see one).

If not is there any other reason for the issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Install dropbox and let it auto sync. It's easier and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

smash wrote: »
    Install dropbox and let it auto sync. It's easier and better.

I don't want it to sync. I want to free up space on the phone yet still be able to view all the pics on the app.

Has anyone used Flickr and noticed this behaviour? Would like to keep using it as it looks great apart from this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have you tried Google Photos? This has an option to delete them from your phone once synced and they are easily accessible in the app then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Once uploaded to dropbox you can delete them from your phone and then view them on the app or your computer or online.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Just in case you've not seen it before, it could be the 'Camera Roll'. Have you checked that? All mine sync there, but when I click my profile you can't see them. On the app you've to swipe to it and on the web you've to click 'you' and then 'camera roll'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Strange, I use flickr for the same reason, but when deleting pics on my phone they remain on flickr.

Advertisement