Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd keys

Options
  • 01-02-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I'm just wondering about cdkeys.com,my son has a pc so I see they sell games
    How easy is it to download them
    How do I go about it
    Is it a safe site

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Never had any issues buying from them or any other key sellers.
    Usually get your key instantly and then redeem the code via steam or origin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Dcully wrote: »

Should I set up a stream account so ,he's 10 ,do they give you instructions
    Can you use a debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Have bought a good few games there and never had any issue. They've all been steam based tho so just put the game key into steam and downloaded no problem

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Have bought a good few games there and never had any issue. They've all been steam based tho so just put the game key into steam and downloaded no problem

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Can you use a debit card
    Yes it's best to download steam onto the computer. It's the best source of games available. As for putting card details in....yes you can do that but I think since buying for a 10 year old it would be best to buy steam vouchers. That will give the account some cash credit. I know Harvey Norman sell them in 20 and 50 euro amounts. I presume they are available in other retailers tho.....I just bought mine there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

It's worth noting that CD Keys is a "grey-market" key reseller, and not an authorized seller of these games. Lots of people have had good experiences with them, but you're kinda still taking a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

as link said it's a gamble, i've used them many times as they're generally massively reduced compared to steam etc and never had an issue with them. last one i used was instant-gaming and got the key in seconds.
    stick with the more well known key venders and should be ok, it's in their interest to keep you happy, few complaints and their sales will plummet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

avoid keys from Russia as you will need to use a vpn in order to get your game to run so stick to european sites

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Can you use a debit card
    Steam is vital on PC these days, it's how games are bought and played. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to give your 10 year old free rain with your credit card on a games market. :D

If you have any friends or relations that also play games on PC they likely have steam and can add your son to their family list. That would give your boy access to all their games for free.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    Steam is vital on PC these days, it's how games are bought and played. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to give your 10 year old free rain with your credit card on a games market. :D

If you have any friends or relations that also play games on PC they likely have steam and can add your son to their family list. That would give your boy access to all their games for free.

Thanks very much ,il try that ,all he has is mine craft

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was looking at Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on cdkeys tonight. It is 23 Sterling or 32 Euro.

Anyone know if you pay in sterling will the Steam code still work in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

I was looking at Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on cdkeys tonight. It is 23 or 32.

Anyone know if you pay in sterling will the Steam code still work in Ireland?

Currently says €31.40 for Mankind Divided for me.

Steam code will work, but the amount will convert to Euro based on Steam's exchange rate once the code is entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

KilOit wrote: »
    as link said it's a gamble, i've used them many times as they're generally massively reduced compared to steam etc and never had an issue with them. last one i used was instant-gaming and got the key in seconds.
    stick with the more well known key venders and should be ok, it's in their interest to keep you happy, few complaints and their sales will plummet

I think you are confusing G2A with CDKeys. I wouldn't go near G2A these days. Too many horror stories about keys being revoked. I have never heard of anyone having a key revoked when bought from CDKeys. They are still an unauthorised reseller of course!

OP, since your son is 10, I would recommend keeping an eye on the bundle sites. Plenty of games on there from indie titles to (older) AAA releases.

https://www.humblebundle.com/
    https://www.bundlestars.com
    https://www.indiegala.com

The benefits being that most of the titles on there will play quite well on older hardware (not sure what you are running). Most of the titles will redeem on steam too.

Advertisement