Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College drop out, what benefits am I entitled to?

Options
  • 01-02-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I recently have dropped out of my PLC because I basically didn't need it, I got 410 in my Leaving Cert and I didn't get my first or second choice so I decided to do a PLC instead of repeating and just reapply for a different course the following year. After a few months I grew to hate my course tutor and dropped out, I had been receiving the grant. I'm 18, unemployed and looking for work but in the time being I'm wondering what am I entitled to if I am entitled to anything at all? I live at home with my parents if that changes anything, Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Hi, I recently have dropped out of my PLC because I basically didn't need it, I got 410 in my Leaving Cert and I didn't get my first or second choice so I decided to do a PLC instead of repeating and just reapply for a different course the following year. After a few months I grew to hate my course tutor and dropped out, I had been receiving the grant. I'm 18, unemployed and looking for work but in the time being I'm wondering what am I entitled to if I am entitled to anything at all? I live at home with my parents if that changes anything, Thanks!

Hi Darragh
    Bring your parents payslips, some ID and evidence of your address to SW office and apply for Jbseekers Allowance
    Depending on how much your parents earn, if your available and looking for work, the max you can get is €100

Advertisement